The Hi-Lo Birth Support was designed by Margaret Jowitt, author of “Dynamic Positions in Birth”.
The Hi-Lo Birth Support takes the focus away from the bed, while its compact size ensures that it can fit into all rooms alongside the obstetric bed in case of emergencies.
It provides women with multiple options for positions and movement and easy access for midwives for observations. This is a superb way to support active birth, no matter the space limitations, and can be used in unit supporting the highest risk women as it simply sits alongside the existing obstetric equipment.
The birthing chair can be placed on the ground in a number of ways, supporting various kneeling and seated forward-leaning positions, and is wide enough to support vaginal breech births.
“The chair has been a hit in the midwifery led unit.”
Teri Gavin-Jones, Midwifery Unit Lead, Colchester.
- [icon type=”i.g. icon-heart”][/icon]Designed to strict hygiene standards for Infection Control
- [icon type=”i.g. icon-heart”][/icon]Anti-microbial vinyl easy-clean cover in multiple colour options.
- [icon type=”i.g. icon-heart”][/icon]Strong, durable and safe stainless steel construction
- [icon type=”i.g. icon-heart”][/icon]Tested to 200kg
- [icon type=”i.g. icon-heart”][/icon]Supports multiple labour and birth positions
- [icon type=”i.g. icon-heart”][/icon]Encourages active birth
- [icon type=”i.g. icon-heart”][/icon]Very comfortable even during long labours
- [icon type=”i.g. icon-heart”][/icon]An ideal accompaniment to all obstetric rooms where a balance between active birth and immediate access to obstetric beds is required
- [icon type=”i.g. icon-heart”][/icon]Small footprint – fits most obstetric rooms
- [icon type=”i.g. icon-heart”][/icon]Hugely valuable in ‘low risk’ or ‘high risk’ settings to support active birth
£995+delivery and VAT
[accordion title=”Technical & Safety Data” is_open=”no”]
Core: 18 mm birch plywood
Fill: 1.5” high density seating grade foam
Upholstery: Chieftain crib 5 antimicrobial Multistretch vinyl, JIS Z 2801:2000
available to order in Vanilla (illustrated), Very Berry (deep pink) or Rosemary (blue)
Backing: Acrylic sheet sealed with antifungal silicone/acrylic
Cushions: Secured by purpose made snap on clips (twice x illustrated length)
Tested by FIRA to the following British Standards
Structure: BS EN 1022 2005 (domestic furniture – seating – determination of stability) Pass
BS EN 16139 2013 (furniture – strength, durability and safety requirements for non-domestic furniture) Pass* (*back rest excepted, designed to be removable)
Fire: BS 5852 Clause 12, ignition sources 0, 1 and 5 Pass